Somerset Co-operative Services CIC
Data Privacy Notice
ICO Number: Z2711408
Purposes of Processing
We need to collect data so that we can provide one or more
of the above services to you. The type and quantity of data we collect and how
we use it depends on the reason you are providing it.
The legal basis for processing your personal data:
SCS will not use personal information for any purpose not
covered by this notice and by our contract with you unless and until we have
varied that contract with you and/or issued you with an amended notice
What Data does SCS collect:
- Website analytics data e.g. IP address, pages visited, and files downloaded
- Information used to evaluate our social impact e.g. number of attendees at an event or on a course
- To evaluate and improve the quality of our services, for example via anonymous feedback forms.
How SCS processes your data:
- is kept up to date
- is stored and destroying it securely
- is protected from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, and disclosure
- By online form, email, telephone, postal or in person
- Voluntarily completing customer survey
- Using or viewing our website via your browser's cookies
How long SCS keep your personal data:
You notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent
If the service is closed. In this case your data will be kept only inline with our general retention policy, unless you notify us otherwise.
SCS has review and retention policies in place as part of our Data Protection Policy to meet these obligations.
Sharing your personal data
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Your rights and your personal data
- To request a copy of any data SCS holds (there will be no charge for the first request, but subsequent requests will be charged at £10),
- SCS CIC to correct any data that is inaccurate or out of date, data is erased where it is no longer necessary SCS to retain it,
- SCS provides you data we hold and/or to transmit that data directly to another data controller
- a restriction on further processing while any question of accuracy or our right to hold or process it is resolved
- To object to the processing of personal data
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/your-personal-information-concerns/
Transfer of Data Abroad
Automated Decision Making
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to
provide our products or services without it.
websites you visit. They are widely used and enable many aspects of a website to
understanding how visitors use the SCS website and to improve website efficiency.
Cookies collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. SCS
use third party provider for this function.
How to manage cookies
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how
to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Contact SCS CIC
SCS Data Controller Alice Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we receive a
request from you to exercise your rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before
acting on a relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
The registered office of SCS is 10 East Reach, Taunton TA1 3EW, and the company
registration number is 06018662.
Contact the Information Commissioners Office