What a year 2020 was: whether a conscious decision or not, it became a year for reflecting on purpose and actions; in particular when it came to our communities. Whoever your community is made up of (neighbours, colleagues, people you share a hobby or passion with), we all took a deep breath and responded in the ways we felt right and learned some important lessons.
With these reflections in mind, rather than your usual 'New Year, New You' resolution, why not start with a 'New Year, New Opportunities' mantra instead? And we have an idea!
Become a Director of a Co-operative or community enterprise, and create opportunities for many!
- what kind of support you can expect in a good team
- how you can make a difference to your local area and help others
- which co-ops in Somerset are looking for directors like you
- how you can learn skills and develop new careers with the experience
- why it's so fulfilling, but also how to avoid some common hazards
- what the legal duties and protections are