Monday, 14 September 2020
Of course, like so many meetings now this is an all online affair. However, we are hoping to liven it up with video, diverse contributions, news from around the region and updates from some of the co-ops that form our membership.
You'll need a few documents to guide you through the event, which starts at 10.00am. Firstly, here is the invite to join, which includes the timetable for events (click to download). If you have any difficulty joining via Zoom, please text O7963 917472 for assistance.
Then, we have a selection of papers for the formal business, both for SCS CIC and SDWC (as we have done before, we're using a single event for both AGMs):
Thursday, 30 July 2020
What do you need?
Thursday, 16 July 2020
Could you be a director of a growing co-operative?
Free Zoom webinar for anyone who wants to Build Back Better!
Time: Jul 23, 2020 10:00 AM London
- what kind of support you can expect in a good team
- how you can make a difference to your local area and help others
- which co-ops in Somerset are looking for directors like you
- how you can learn skills and develop new careers with the experience
- why it's so fulfilling, but also how to avoid some common hazards
- what the legal duties and protections are
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89188497480Meeting ID: 891 8849 7480
Monday, 6 April 2020
Thursday, 19 March 2020
Co-operatives UK have an excellent page of resources: Government support for business - advice for co-ops. In particular, there is some extra support and advice available from the Hive Support Package.
We're also very grateful to the School for Social Entrepreneurs for preparing this useful list:
Key linksMost useful resources we’ve found so far
- NCVO guide: Your organisation and coronavirus – a comprehensive guide being updated regularly and aimed at the social sector.
- Social Enterprise UK are regularly updating their website with the latest news and resources to help us collectively get through the coming days. Existing information includes key measures announced in the Budget to support small businesses and the opportunity to feed into an SEUK consultation on what they will ask for from the government to support social enterprises.
- The Small Charities Coalition created this framework of useful questions to ask yourself about how/if you should continue to deliver your usual service (note that some figures are out of date, as it was published 2nd March)
- The NCVO guide (linked to above) has useful information on this.
- Co-operatives UK have put together a guide on HR issues answering questions such as 'how do we treat employees who follow guidance to self isolate?' and 'what about parents who are off work because their child's school has closed?'.
- This Federation for Small Business (FSB) guide is helpful. It’s aimed at small businesses but the advice is also relevant to small charities, social enterprises, community businesses and impact organisations.
Sunday, 15 March 2020